AVCHD is a video format most recorded by Sony and Panasonic cameras and camcorders, the AVCHD is good to record high-definition videos, but it is not easy to use in editing software or players. For example, if you want to edit 1080P AVCHD in Final Cut Pro, you may encounter many problems, such as importing problem, or you can edit AVCHD in FCP smoothly, the main reason is AVCHD codec is not well supported by FCP and other editing software on Mac. The best way to edit or use AVCHD video on Mac is to convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422 codec, and then you can edit 1080P AVCHD in FCP (X) or iMovie smoothly, and there is no other problems.
To convert AVCHD to ProRes, you need an Apple ProRes 422 converter to transcode AVCHD format to ProRes codec, you can try HD Video Converter for Mac or iMedia Converter for Mac, they can convert AVCHD files to Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format perfectly, you can follow the brief steps below.
1. Download AVCHD to ProRes 422 converter, install and run it.
2. Import the AVCHD files to the software, and then click format column to choose Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format for output, just click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this format has been optimized for Final Cut.
3. You can customize the output settings by clicking the settings button in the main interface of the ProRes 422 converter. You can choose or set the resolution, bitrate, frame rate as you want.
4. Edit function is available in this best AVCHD to Apple ProRes converter. You can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect to the AVCHD video before you convert AVCHD format to MOV format with ProRes codec.
5. Click convert button to start the AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422 conversion.
After converting, you can import converted video files to FCP or iMovie for editing on Mac, or just play the videos on Mac. You can also import HD videos in other formats to the ProRes 422 converter, such as MOV, MXF, MKV, MP4, etc. Now you can download the AVCHD Apple ProRes converter and have a try.