It is exciting to enjoy DVD movies at home in weekends, you may also rip DVD to tablet, smartphone and other portable devices for watching on the go. Besides, you may also want to edit the DVD video in Final Cut Pro or iMovie. As we know, FCP best video format is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, so if you want to import DVD to Final Cut Pro for editing, the best way is to rip DVD and then convert DVD to Apple ProRes MOV format. Now with iMedia Converter for Mac, you can rip DVD to Apple ProRes codec MOV directly, you can also convert Blu-ray/AVI/MOV/MTS to Apple ProRes easily.
Please follow the easy steps below.
1. Download Ultimate Apple ProRes Converter, this is all in one converter which can convert common video formats like MTS, MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, and DVD/Blu-ray disc/folder/ISO files. Install and run this ProRes converter.
2. Import your DVD videos to the software, you can load DVD disc, folder and ISO files.
3. Click format column to choose output format, you can click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this format is best for FCP and iMovie on Mac. You can also choose other formats or devices for output, all the output formats are optimized.
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output parameters like resolution, bitrate and frame rate, customize them as you need.
5. You can edit the DVD video in this Apple ProRes converter, you can crop, trim, add watermark or adjust effect to the DVD video.
6. Click convert button to start converting DVD to Apple ProRes 422 MOV format.
After the DVD disc/floder/ISO to Apple ProRes conversion, you can import the converted videos to Final Cut Pro or iMovie for editing smoothly without rendering, now you can download this Apple ProRes 422 converter and have a try, hope it can help you.