How to play MKV movies on Samsung TV?
Samsung TV Won’t Play MKV Solution: Convert MKV to Samsung TV. Play All Types of MKV on Samsung Smart TV, OLED TV, UHD TV, LED TV etc
Though Samsung TV claims to support MKV files, sometimes we still encounter Samsung TV won’t play MKV issues. Can Samsung TV play MKV files? Why Samsung play some of the MKV videos but not others? Simply follow this article to get the reason and solution for Samsung MKV symptoms.
Why Samsung TV Won’t Play MKV?
Technically MKV is just a shell which may contain various video and audio codec, bitrates, resolution, frame rate etc. However, Samsung TV only plays MKV files with specific parameters inside. Now, you may have a clue why we can play successfully some MKV files on Samsung TV, but fail to play other MKV movies.
How to Play All Types of MKV on Samsung TV?
To solve Samsung TV MKV playback issues, the best bet is to convert MKV to Samsung TV more compatible video format.
Acrok Video Converter Ultimate is just the right MKV to Samsung TV Converter which can convert all kinds of MKV files to Samsung Smart TV, OLED TV, UHD TV, LED TV more support video format. Besides converting MKV to Samsung TV, it also helps to convert FLV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MOV, Xvid, WMV, DV, SWF, F4V, MXF, AVCHD, MP4, M4V, AVI, and etc to Samsung TV.
This ideal MKV to Samsung TV Converter is also a MKV to Samsung Galaxy Converter which helps to convert MKV to play on Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Grand, Trend, Core, Note, Tab and etc.
How to Convert MKV to Samsung TV Format?
The follow is a step by step guide on how to convert MKV to Samsung Smart TV more supported video format. It also applies to converting and playing MKV on other Samsung TV models.
Make Preparation: Run MKV to Samsung TV Converter
Import MKV files which Samsung TV fails to play
Click “Add File” button to import the MKV files which you like to play on Samsung TV.
Set Samsung Smart TV support video format
Click the “Format” drop-down button to select Samsung Smart TV more compatible ‘H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video(*.mp4)’ from the “Common Video” category.
Convert MKV to Samsung TV
Click the “Convert” button to start and finish converting MKV to Samsung Smart TV more supported video format.
It becomes that easy to solve Samsung TV MKV playback issues with the above step by step guide. You’ll never have to worry about the following Samsung TV play MKV troubleshootings:
- My Samsung TV won’t play certain MKV files it’s maybe 1/20 MKV files. I’ve tried using mkvmerge GUI and set all the tracks’ compression to none but it still won’t play…
- Does Samsung LED TV 40EH5000 play MKV files with additional codec/formats other than playing only DivX through USB?
- I want to play a .mkv file on my new LED TV (32EX550), anyone can help me?
- My Samsung UE32C4000PW (bedroom tv) don’t support MKV.
- I have a Samsung TV connected to my home network that is able to stream the files that I have stored in my Cloudbox through Allshare. However, if these files are in .mkv format, I get an error saying the file can’t be played.
- I am having a problem playing 1080p videos in MKV on my Samsung TV , when I go to play a movie or TV show that is in 1080p quality the screen goes black and I get a rotating white circle for about 5 seconds and then the screen goes back to the media browser screen without any error messages being shown.
- I purchased a Sumsung Smart TV (UA46D6600) and I am having problems streaming MKV files from my dns-325 device. Normal avi’s stream fine but when streaming mkv files the TV reports that the file type is unsupported.